client objectives and resultsSee more success stories
- Top Hat, a technology company ranked 36th in the Deloitte Fast 50™ with 617% in revenue growth from 2013 to 2016, provides a cloud-based teaching platform used by 75 percent of leading colleges and universities across North America.
- Growing at an explosive rate, both in terms of customer base and employees, Cresa's Toronto office had assisted Top Hat with multiple expansions in their space at 2 Carlton Street over a three-year period.
- However, as growth continued to out-pace their space, the multi-floor occupancy no longer suited Top Hat’s needs, and the building could not
accommodate their growth plans.
- Top Hat was seeking to create a future space that was engaging, future-proofed and flexible in design.
- Knowing that it wanted to find space that would help attract and retain talent, while being financially pragmatic, Top Hat again engaged Cresa because of its logical, metrics-based approach.
- Cresa assisted with determining the size and type of space required to meet the company objectives, and once the key criteria were selected, Cresa and Top Hat collaborated on a highly customized ranking grid, which outlined a weighting priority.
- Adhering to Cresa process, Top Hat was able to look beyond the cookie cutter Brick and Beam space that most technology companies flocked to, and instead narrowed its search and toured appropriate buildings that met Top Hat’s customized priorities.
- In the end, it was strong due diligence and market intelligence that led to a new vision of how the space could be delivered for occupancy -151 Bloor Street - that provided the best fit for Top Hat’s culture.
- This location provided an attractive centralized location and access to public transit, and a highly visible building with branding that highlighted Top Hat’s brand and success.
- Further, Top Hat’s new head office includes an innovative design, a two-floor atrium, a large internal staircase, and an inviting, open floor plan with varying types of space and sit/stand desks for all that combine to support flexible and attractive work areas for their growing team
Cresa partnered with us to find an ideal space for our rapidly growing company - and not only did they negotiate a great deal, they also helped match us with the right landlord for what we believe is a very important long-term relationship.Ralf Riekers | CFO