Selling an Owner-User Building to an All Cash Buyer
- 159 Chestatee Industrial Park Drive
- 48,500 sq. ft.
- Transaction Management
- Michael Bennett
- Jim Bob Taylor
client objectives and resultsSee more success stories
- Alex Vanlerberg needed to sell his 48,500 SF manufacturing industrial building, along with 3 additional acres adjacent to the building in Dahlonega,GA which is 40 miles north of metro Atlanta.
- The owner needed to find a qualified buyer that would pay the highest possible price for the site.
- Alex sold his company in 2011 and has been trying to sell the building/land ever since. He used four different real estate companies that tried to sell the site unsuccessfully before Michael and Jim Bob were hired to handle the disposition.
- A combination of cold-calling, passing out flyers to local owner-users and tenants, engaging the local county economic development authorities, and marketing the building through Cresa’s online platforms created awareness and competition in the market that had not been achieved beforehand by other real estate firms.
- Cresa began fielding calls and offers, which created leverage for the seller and resulted in accepting an offer from a global-credit buyer who paid all cash for both the building and the adjacent land.
My industrial building was on the market for over eight years. I was beginning to give up hope of ever selling. There had been four different real estate agencies given the listing over the years. After Michael Bennett and Jim Bob Taylor of Cresa took over the listing, it was gone in just a few months. We are forever thankful for their hard work and effort.Alex Vanlerberg | Owner
159 Chestatee Industrial Park Drive