2021 Diversity Inclusion and Belonging Initiatives
As we have witnessed over the last few years, but particularly recently, what we need most in America at this time is hope, healing and change. We must do better as a country, and we hope Cresa can be a part of this positive change. We are committed to take action to promote diversity and equality, and are launching a number of initiatives to help us do so.
With that said, I cannot think of a more fitting time to introduce the projects that Cresa’s Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging (DIB) Council will be pursuing in 2021. They are as follows:
- Diversity Calendar – The calendar will communicate important days throughout the year and indicate “Quiet Days”, which will allow employees the space to acknowledge occasions important to various cultures and religions.
- Cresa Development & Enrichment Associate Leadership (DEAL) Program – An advisor development program, which will provide baseline compensation to attract a more diverse group of candidates into the field.
- Unconscious Bias Training – The training will expose people to their implicit biases, provide tools to adjust automatic patterns of thinking, and ultimately eliminate discriminatory behaviors.
- Rollout of Cresa Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) - Voluntary, employee-led groups made up of individuals who join together based on common interests, backgrounds or demographic factors such as gender, race or ethnicity.
- Ambassador Program – A point person in each Cresa Office will keep diversity initiatives front and center.
- Employee Spotlight Program – Regular communications will highlight the achievements of a diverse group of Cresa team members.
As the Chair of the DIB Council, I am thrilled to be working on these important initiatives with the 40+ fantastic members of the Council and I know that we will achieve great things in 2021!