Why is Big Law Taking Up Less Space?
Office spaces in nearly every industry vertical are changing. Technology, Millennials’ attitude toward work, and economic pressures are driving businesses to redesign their workplace to meet the demands of the modern marketplace. Though law firms are often the last to adopt new trends in office design, even they are not immune to these market forces. Many law firms are redesigning their spaces to maximize efficiency, to attract and retain top talent, and to capitalize on today’s technological capabilities.
Some of the top trends in law office redesign include:
- Reduction of space, particularly for individual offices
- Providing a variety of work areas, including more collaborative space
- Reallocation of administrative spaces
- Incorporation of advanced technology and mobile capabilities
- Flexible design to adapt to future change
- Sustainability and “going green”
- Designing to reflect a “brand.”