Strategically positioning CED’s distribution network
- Consolidated Electrical Distributors (CED)
- 21,000 sq. ft.
- Transaction Management
- Jeff Hartsook
client objectives and resultsSee more success stories
Client ObjectivesElectrical distributor CED wanted to relocate and expand its then-current space to a facility that could better position its distribution network from Miami to the Keys. The company was looking for a facility that fulfilled the following requirements:
- featured additional distribution warehouse space, counter space and room for outside storage
- was on a site that was easily accessible to local clients for pick-ups and deliveries
- could attract and retain much needed local talent, and
- included a large showroom/counter/office component to display products as well as accommodate the operational and sales teams
With the help of Cresa’s local industrial advisors, CED considered several new and existing industrial parks that met their space specifications. The distributor ultimately selected a location in a new industrial park that was under construction by a merchant developer.
The new facility’s outside storage component freed up costly warehouse space, allowing for bulkier items to still be stored on-site and improving workflow.
The Miami expansion/relocation facility had a 26% office-to-warehouse ratio in a market that is typically 5-10% office and the Cresa team was able to negotiate an above standard office build-out on a turnkey basis.