Room to Grow
- MEG Energy Corp.
- 296,159 sq. ft.
- Transaction Management
- Damon Harmon
client objectives and resultsSee more success stories
- Analyzed MEG's immediate and project growth and space utilization
- Determined that they required significantly more space than initially planned immediately and on a long-term basis
- During the strategic planning stage, it became clear that the building they currently occupied would not accommodate their growth plans beyond 2019
- A review of MEG's long-term forecasts determined that approximately 300,000 sf would be required along with expansion options
- Cresa provided a comprehensive list of market options for existing buildings along with new developments that could accommodate MEG's requirements
- Cresa and MEG quickly determined that a newly constructed building would be the best option
- The new development, Eau Claire Tower, that was chosen held all of the same geographical amenities as the building that they resided in
- Negotiations resulted in several *** including building naming rights, 5 & 10 year expansion options and rights throughout the building
- MEG is now confident that their growth will be provided for and that their company can remain intact in a contiguous space going forward