Accounting and Operations Associate
Cresa Boston is looking to add a motivated and experienced Accountant to join our growing finance team. Reporting to the VP of Finance, this team member will manage and administer our accounts receivable process, perform monthly reporting, and support various finance-related functions and special projects. In addition to accounting responsibilities, this person will work with our Operations team to support Cresa’s daily business operations, including office inventory, incoming/outgoing mail and packages, and office budgeting and reporting.
Ideal candidates are detail and process-oriented and possess excellent problem-solving and communications skills. To be successful in this role, candidates must demonstrate integrity and maintain confidentiality in handing sensitive financial and personnel information. Due to the nature of this role, work will be conducted onsite with flexibility to work remotely one day per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Accounting: This role will support critical accounting functions and initiatives including but not limited to:
- Accounts Receivable responsibilities from initial invoice preparation to cash receipts allocation, including spreadsheet documentation and accounting system recording.
- Accounts Payable responsibilities including review, coding, entry, and check runs for vendor and commission payables; compiling/reconciling expense reports
- Balance Sheet and Income Statement Reconciliations
- Month-End and Ad-Hoc Reporting: Month-end closing processes, including general ledger journal entries, bank and credit card reconciliations, commission analysis, variance analysis, and other tasks as required.
- Assist with year-end activities such as preparing 1099 tax filings and G/L and customer account reconciliation
- Effectively utilize various finance and operational platforms including Salesforce, Smartsheet, and Intacct, among others
- Support the ongoing effort to build and maintain finance and operational trackers
- Other general accounting projects as required
Operations: This role supports the day-to-day functions and operations of the office, including but not limited to:
- Perform general office duties include incoming/outgoing mail and shipping, weekly inventory and ordering of supplies, coordinating catering orders, and other miscellaneous office activities
- Conduct daily maintenance of common areas (reception, café, huddle/conference rooms)
- In coordination with HR, regularly update employee records, contact lists, email groups, seating chart etc.
- Support new hire onboarding activities from finance perspective including platform set-up and training (Tallie, Bill.com, Intacct)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/business is preferred
- 2 - 5 years of general accounting knowledge and experience
Experience, Skills, and Attributes
- Experience with General Ledger Accounting required
- Real Estate and Sales commission experience a plus
- Highly technically proficient with eagerness to learn and implement new platforms
- PowerPoint, Word, and Excel proficiency
- Smartsheet and Salesforce experience is a plus but not required
- Comfortable working with a fast-paced team with changing priorities
- Self-starter and solutions-oriented, with exceptional attention to detail
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills to interact with various levels of management
- Ability to prepare comprehensive reports and represent ideas clearly and concisely
- Customer service focused, friendly, with a positive "can-do" attitude
Cresa is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. Cresa strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law.