San Francisco, CA
As Research Analyst, you’ll support a team of expert tenant representation advisors, providing a range of research, data analyses to inform and support our clients' real estate decision making. Research Analyst is responsible for producing high quality market publications, research papers, including the collection, analysis and write-up of market data; in addition to assisting other researchers, advisors and marketing staff in support of ongoing and ad hoc research projects.
The Research Analyst will cover San Francisco Bay Area real estate research including San Francisco, Silicon Valley, and the East Bay markets with a primary focus on San Francisco.
What You Bring
- Undergraduate degree required, preferably in Real Estate, Business Administration, Finance or Economics. Real Estate or Business post-secondary is a plus
- 3+ years’ experience in a commercial real estate research role
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and Outlook). MS Excel proficiency is a must.
- Able to calculate and analyze key metrics and indicators (vacancy, absorption, inventory, rental rates, availability, deliveries, etc.)
- Strong research and analytical skills. Experience preparing and writing research reports and/or proposals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to write reports and articles in a pre-designed style and format
- A strong work ethic and the ability to work as a team player
- Resourceful, attention to detail, and strong organizational skills including the ability to multi-task, prioritize efficiently and meet tight deadlines.
Bonus skills and experience
- Experience in Office, R&D, and Biotech asset classes
What Success Looks Like
- Preparation of quarterly market reports, research publications, market commentary and forecasts, and various materials including presentations, market reports, white papers, opinion pieces, research studies, ad hoc reports, and special reports as needed.
- Researching and resolving complex issues for customized new business development pursuits.
- Responsible for collection, maintenance, and preparation of data required for writing quarterly statistical reports. Compiles and writes the quarterly market reports, statistics, graphs, and charts. Additional report, article and forecast writing.
- Applies critical thinking and market knowledge to assist with unique client-specific research requests such as strategic planning, portfolio reviews, and highest and best use analyses.
- Assist brokers with pitches and listing presentations by providing market analysis, statistics and direct research support.
- Summarize and communicate analytic findings, insights and recommendations via executive-level summary documents and presentations.
- Utilize database knowledge and data manipulation / query tools to track market activity and maintain databases using internal and external resources. Provide company and industry research using on-line, third-party and in-house resources.
- Read and collect relevant articles from newspapers, business magazines and on-line resources and forward to interested parties.
- Actively look for ways to improve efficiency, capability and/or quality of research processes and deliverables.
- You are passionate about providing exceptional client-service and can do this by delivering easily understood analyses which will be used by different audiences to influence lease, disposition, and purchase decisions.
- You have excellent communication skills to discuss your findings and thrive in a collaborative team environment. You are also comfortable providing support in client presentations, proposal responses and general business pitches.
- You excel in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to deliver accurate outputs in terms of financial analysis in an efficient manner.
- Internally communicate and promote Cresa research resources and capabilities to the brokers.
- Coordinate and direct the local support of national research projects on an as-needed basis.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to meet you! Apply today to join our team.Apply now
Share job posting