Revenue Accounting Manager
Cresa is the world’s largest commercial real estate advisory firm that exclusively represents occupiers and specializes in the delivery of fully integrated real estate solutions. Delivered across every industry, its services include Consulting, Facilities Management, Global Portfolio Solutions, Investment Banking, Lease Administration, Location Strategy & Economic Development Incentives, Project Management, Transaction Management and Workplace Intelligence. With over 1,000 employees in more than 80 offices globally, Cresa partners with occupiers everywhere. For more information, please visit www.cresa.com
Cresa’s is seeking a self-motivated Revenue Accounting Manager to join our growing Finance team. The Revenue Accounting Manager team is accountable for leading a team of Accounting professionals in general accounting duties including leading the revenue recognition process and general accounting for the local offices. The position is accountable for team results and must ensure compliance in all accounting processes, among other tasks. This position will be based out of Cresa’s Chicago location, but we are open to candidates outside this area for the right fit.
Responsibilities Include:• Manage the revenue recognition process in compliance with contract terms and company and FASB revenue recognition policies.
• Manage a team that supports the general accounting of the field offices including revenue recognition, commission approval, AP approval, and balance sheet reconciliations.
• Coordinate accounting team and regional financial support on the completion of quarterly/annual audit requests
• Maintain internal control processes and standards and ensure the compliance of the team
• Review, understand, and ensure compliance and proper accounting for transaction deals
• Key financial/accounting liaison for Market Leaders, Market Operations, and Corporate Finance.
• Coordinate with regional FP&A and central accounting teams on the timely and accurate preparation of the monthly financial statement packages
• Manage and mentor staff and help guide their development (including preparation of goals & objectives, reviews)
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• CPA and/or MBA is a plus
• Experience in Real Estate a plus, but not required
• A minimum of 7-9 years of relevant work experience
• 3-5 years supervisory experience mandatory
• Detailed oriented and strong organizational skills
• Ability to prioritize and meet strict deadlines
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, proven presentation skills
• Demonstrated technical proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint
• Proficiency with Sage Intacct or Limelight systems a plus
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; supervisors may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
Share job posting