Advisor, Transaction Management (Plano, TX)
The Advisor will support the management of a high volume of transaction and account activity for a large international client, including negotiating an existing portfolio of industrial leases. This position will provide account oversight and support to the Cresa team with the opportunity to interact directly with landlords and business unit stakeholders in leasing transactions. In addition, the Advisor will ensure efficient and appropriate execution of the transaction business in compliance with all pertinent company and regulatory standards and requirements while collaborating with team members to implement strategies and initiatives pertaining to leasing real estate activities that align department and company strategy, goals, and objectives.
This position requires work to be conducted out of our client’s corporate headquarters of a large international client in Plano, TX with the flexibility of working remotely 1-2 days per week. The Advisor, Transaction Management reports internally to the Cresa Managing Principals in charge of the corporate account and has day-to-day interaction with the account team.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to the link below. PDFs only and under 10MB.
- Executes negotiations to closure on high volume of leases within divisions as assigned.
- Ensures all results are recorded and reported by their respective Real Estate Specialists or support teams.
- Perform transaction activity for lease renewals, relocations, expansions, and dispositions for field management team.
- Manages P&L rent reductions, strive to reduce old vs. new rent reduction term savings and other occupancy costs in a transaction.
- Manages workflow and workload to ensure optimal achievement of department goals and objectives.
- Ensures the transaction workload and projects satisfy all critical dates (such as option dates) and that any issues or discrepancies are addressed appropriately.
- Monitors critical date requirements to ensure compliance with applicable standard procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Provides updates regarding project and transaction status to management as needed.
- Negotiates and resolves Landlord/Tenant matters as needed.
- Performs transaction activity in connection with problem/project resolution as requested.
- Oversees all transactional outsourced service providers engaged to handle overflow in transaction workload.
- Assigns workload volume to service providers.
- Scrutinizes all transactions and related project activity workload to meet critical deadlines.
- Contacts the pertinent agency per agreement to retain the appropriate resources.
- Manages contractors and monitors their activities to ensure appropriate execution of functions according to company and regulatory procedures and requirements.
- Regularly interface, support and advise company operations RVPs and GMs from project start to completion.
- Receive RFP’s (Request for Proposal), draft proposals and provide lease comments.
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Build productive working relationships. Interfaces with various levels of management across organizations and with external customers.
- Utilizes current in-depth knowledge and subject matter expertise to provide complex financial analysis, advice, and legal interpretation to internal customers as requested. Provides advice to field and divisional management regarding the company’s rights and obligations pertaining to leases.
- Assists in the implementation and the ongoing development and maintenance of the Real Estate Database. Monitors and manages the activity and project workflow reporting.
- Monitors and analyzes other reports such as reports indicating deals executed, any savings realized, and the timeliness of the transaction projects.
- Executes on multiple ad hoc projects as assigned and represents the Real Estate Portfolio Management department on cross functional teams as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience - business/finance major preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in commercial leasing and transactional work required
- Specific experience in industrial sales and leasing (warehouse, logistics, manufacturing) preferred but not required
- Build-to-suit experience highly preferred
- Real Estate license required
Skills and Proficiencies
- Ability to understand, interpret and abstract complex Real Estate Lease terminology
- Strong planning, prioritization, and deadline management
- Relevant experience in a fast paced, multi-project, operational environment
- Strong communication skills both orally and written
- Refined presentation and communication skills (written, virtual, in-person)
- Strong analytical, data interpretation and problem-solving skills
- Must be intuitive, creative, detail-oriented, and highly organized
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft’s Office Suite
- Proficiency in Real Estate Management Software a plus
Share job posting