This position serves as the interface between the Office Sales teams (e.g., producers in local offices) and the Regional Finance team (e.g., Regional Finance Director and Accounting Analyst). In servicing the producers, this position will effectively communicate documentation requirements, timelines, and company policies as they relate to commission processing and payouts. A key aspect to servicing the producers will be developing relationships with them to facilitate their understanding and cooperation with data/documentation collection for processing. In supporting Regional Finance, this position will gather and process information/documentation about deals and related commissions. Once the data is collected, this position will apply critical thinking to execute Finance processes such as commission calculations, invoicing processing, journal entry reconciliations, etc. in accordance with company policies.
- Multi-Faceted – given the variety of people/personalities and demands.
- Fast-paced environment – various projects and deadlines ongoing concurrently.
- Relationship focused – requires a "how can I help you?" attitude to build strong relationships with producers.
- Detail-oriented – adherence to established guidelines and procedures is important and it is imperative to involve others in the decision-making.
- Interactive – open, flowing, communication is important and requires working with and through others, anticipating the needs of producers and the finance team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Support producers/salespeople in organizing necessary documentation, contracts, and agreements to support invoicing and commission calculations.
- Prepare commission calculations for payroll processing.
- Act as direct liaison between the producers and the Regional Finance Team.
- Research and produce additional reports as requested (e.g., general ledger reports, aging AR reports, internal breakdowns by producer, etc), as well as provide ad hoc producer support.
- Assist with creation and submission of expense reports.
- Salesforce maintenance: tracking deals and pipeline for forecasting; ensure all calculations and data entries are correct.
- Partner with our centralized Accounting team to coordinate revenue and expense recognition and journal entry reconciliations.
- Support the Regional Finance Leads in the budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Effectively communicates corporate timelines, compliance requirements, and the timing of invoice submittals and fee receipts.
- Superior organizational skills; candidate must possess the ability to maintain an organized approach in a multi-task environment.
- Ability to enter data efficiently, timely, and correctly to meet deadlines; disciplined and able to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Accurate and detail work is a major focus of the job, and needs to be handled efficiently; must be able to work within established guidelines.
- The ability to read a situation for when flexibility is needed opposed to the firm guidelines that are always enforced.
- Effective communicator with professional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to take the initiative and do what is needed in situations of ambiguity.
- 4-year degree in a business-related field is desirable but not required; a significant level of professional experience in a similar role would suffice.
- Salesforce CRM knowledge desirable, but not required.
- Experience in the commercial real estate industry is desirable but not required; we will provide industry-specific training to support you in this role.
Share job posting