This position will work closely with sales teams to determine the best strategic approach for every sales pitch by providing timely and relevant information related to the Washington, DC and Baltimore metro area commercial real estate markets. This position may attend client pitches and strategy sessions to educate clients and prospects on the current real estate market and impact it has on real estate decisions.
- Gather business intelligence to support recommended insights and solutions that address prospect’s corporate real estate needs
- Perform the research, data gathering and analysis necessary to determine the requirements for new sales pitches
- Collect available data to analyze competitors marketing, strategies and tactics in the marketplace
- Prepare all research deliverables in support of the sales process
- Prepare quarterly research market reports in primary markets and submarkets
- Use internal and external sources to track relevant market information to assist transaction managers in staying up to date on market activity
- Research and produce additional reports as requested including, but not limited to, submarket reports and landlord analysis
- Report internal transaction information on a monthly basis
- Update and maintain external lease comparable, tenants in the market, and market news information
- Collaborate with research committee in the improvement and development of research deliverables
- Participate in research meetings with researchers from other brokerage firms to gather relevant market information including comps, news, and tenants in the market
- Able to present information to prospect’s senior leadership
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- B.A. in business, economics, urban planning, or related analytical, is preferred. Master or experience in data management a plus.
- Minimum 3 years of research-focused experience preferably in data analysis, real estate/urban planning, database management
- Experience with CoStar, Salesforce, ArcGIS, Tableau, InDesign is an advantage
- Familiarity with Washington, DC and Baltimore regions – real estate, economic development, construction industry, etc.
- Accountability in supporting internal and external clients
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, expressing ideas clearly and cohesively, comfortable presenting to leadership/decision-makers
- Flexible and resilient; ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a deadline driven environment
- Expert with the Microsoft Office 365 (Excel pivot tables, Word, PowerPoint)
Physical Requirements:The physical demands and work environment that have been described is representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Share job posting