Senior Project Manager, Life Sciences
San Francisco, CA
Manage projects independently through all phases: due diligence, space planning, design, permitting, construction, turn-over and decommissioning for Cresa clients.
- Support real estate transaction managers by attending site tours, developing space plans, schedules, and budgets during site selection process
- Assist transaction managers during lease negotiation and due diligence
- Accompany account managers on prospect meetings and provide overview of Cresa project management services
- Write proposals for Cresa’s Project Management scope of work
- Create program requirements with input from Client team
- Select and manage architects, engineers, contractors, and consultants, through an RFP process as required; and negotiate their contracts.
- Create and manage project budget & schedule
- Run Weekly Owner Architect Contractor (OAC) meetings and provide meeting minutes.
- Identify critical issues and risks during all project phases
- Maintain strong working relationships with third party vendor alliances (architects, engineers, cost estimators, contractors, technology providers, furniture, and equipment vendors, etc.) to support Cresa’s project management services
- Assist client in completing move activities as needed, including on-site supervision
- Work with Cresa and client systems, applications, and reporting templates to maintain records and data integrity through all project phases
- Mange review of vendor and consultant invoices on behalf of Client
- Oversee project reconciliation and closeout
- Actively attend and participate in Cresa initiatives
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a project manager, with minimum 5 years focused Life Science, responsible for the design and construction process.
- College degree in architecture, engineering, construction management, or similar degree
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project programs
- Ability to understand construction drawings and specifications
- A strategic, proactive mindset
- Proven ability to manage a multi-million-dollar budget
- Proven ability to manage a multi-phase, multi-disciplinary schedule
- Versed in building and managing a project team
- Exceptional communication skills, written and verbal, especially when leading meetings, initiating correspondence, generating meeting notes, and disseminating information internally and externally with clients, vendors, and the wide variety of people and personalities in the industry
- An enthusiasm for new challenges; seeks education and development opportunities, asks for stretch assignments.
- A willingness to go above and beyond the scope of work to succeed on a project
- Readiness to mentor to junior team members
- Knowledge of Smartsheets is preferred
Share job posting