Business Development Representative
Cresa’s Edmonton office is hiring a Business Development Representative to become a member of its successful and talented corporate real estate team.
The primary role of the Business Development Representative is to prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients. Working in conjunction with the Senior Agents of Cresa, the BDR will develop strategies and approaches to secure new business essential to the growth of the company. They must develop a rapport with new clients and provide support that will continually improve the relationship. They are also required to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and of the company’s competitors. While the exact responsibilities will vary, the main duties of the Business Development Representative can be summarized as follows:
- Research, identify, qualify and prospect for potential new clients and secure new business.
- Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet with potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Set meetings with key decision makers.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Develop an understanding of market trends, absorption, and the underlying metrics used to analyze real estate markets.
- Collaborate within a team environment with a focus on cohesion, dynamics, and interpersonal relations.
- Manage meetings with prospects, draft offers to lease and understand and present corresponding financial analysis.
- Develop strategic thinking to anticipate issues and risk.
- Understand and manage transactions from inception to completion.
- Track and record activity and ensure data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM, Salesforce.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Must attain commercial real estate license.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1- 3 years of experience in a similar business development, sales or marketing role for professional services or consulting firms
- Assertive, resourceful, focused, innovative and a motivated self-starter. Entrepreneurial minded with the ability to connect quickly with others and be able to leverage built relationships
- Communicates clearly with attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines and prioritize task
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to interact with C-Suite decision makers
- Understanding of finance and/or accounting an asset
- Previous experience with Salesforce or comparable CRM an asset.
Most importantly, the BDR will be held to the highest standard of professionalism and be expected to live Cresa’s mission:
- We are providers, making a real difference to our clients, our staff and our community
- We expect the gold standard in value provided and results produced
- Who we are will define us more than what we do
- Respectful, loyal, trustworthy, collaborative, innovative, fun…. This is what we choose to be
Share job posting