Sr. Equity Administrator
About Cresa Global Inc
Cresa is the world’s largest commercial real estate advisory firm that exclusively represents occupiers and specializes in the delivery of fully integrated real estate solutions. Delivered across every industry, its services include Consulting, Facilities Management, Global Portfolio Solutions, Investment Banking, Lease Administration, Location Strategy & Economic Development Incentives, Project Management, Transaction Management and Workplace Intelligence. With over 1,000 employees in more than 80 offices globally, Cresa partners with occupiers everywhere. For more information, please visit www.cresa.com
The Equity and Insurance Administration Manager will work in close partnership with our Human Resources, Accounting and Legal teams to manage all aspects of our stock and business insurance programs. This position is remote and will report to the CFO.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for hands-on, end-to-end administration of the Company’s equity plan(s) and business insurance programs. You will support and collaborate with internal business partners, answer employee questions regarding equity grants and insurance coverage, assist in the management of the stockholder ledger; annual insurance renewals; manage communications; respond to COI requests, and assist with employee education and training regarding the company's equity plans. In addition, this position will provide oversight of corporate agreement review.
Responsibilities Include:• Utilize your stock administration expertise to administer the company’s equity programs for all employees, including:
o External Marketplace
o Board Requirements relating to stock marketplace
o Track terminating employees with stock for resulting requirements
o Manage Termination and Retirement Waterfall
• Creation of stock option agreements as required by recruitment
• Support CFO with annual 409A Valuation
• Support employee understanding of equity awards and refresh grants including general guidelines on taxation.
• Lead efforts to automate routine work streams and manual processes to enable efficient, accurate and timely processing of equity award data.
• Maintain company’s equity data using Carta Equity Management, reconcile new hire grants and terminations.
• Process employee exercises, coordinate with transfer agent (Carta) and accounting to ensure accuracy and timely flow of exercise funds including tax withholding.
• Support accounting for stock-based compensation by providing equity information and making necessary updates to Carta system.
• Calculate equity related employee compensation including regular income and gains from ISO, Non-Qualified and RSU grants.
• Coordinate with employee and payroll to ensure proper withholding of tax from equity proceeds.
• Provide data needed for stock impacts of W-2 and 1099-R reporting related to stock compensation.
• Prepare internal reporting including equity grant status for executives, HR and Compensation Committee.
• Perform annual business insurance renewals with insurance brokers, including all due diligence requirements.
• Present business insurance renewal recommendation to Finance Committee for approval.
• Provide all Certificates of Insurance (COI) as required by Cresa owned and partner offices.
• Work with accounting and finance to bill offices annually for business insurance.
• Respond to requests for business insurance legal review of MSA’s, RFP’s, RFI’s and other ad hoc agreements.
• Manage requests and recommendations for additional insurance policies and mew endorsements to current policies throughout the year.
• Perform other duties and ad hoc projects and reporting as requested.
• Minimum 5+ years of relevant work experience
• A background in legal operations and/or paralegal experience preferred
• Self-motivated, reliable, flexible, deadline-oriented, high employee service orientation
• Keen attention to detail and are able to complete multiple tasks in a timely fashion, independently with minimal supervision.
• An effective communicator using any medium with a variety of levels of internal employees, business partners, external vendors, etc.
• A compliance and process-oriented individual who is also flexible and can excel in a fast-paced and rapidly evolving environment.
• Able to maintain strict confidentiality in a very open and transparent environment.
Education, Training & Experience:
• Paralegal certification; Bachelor's Degree in Business or related work experience
• Certified Equity Professional (CEP) certification is strongly preferred
• Experience with Carta and other equity management platforms
• Extensive experience working cross-functionally on equity matters with legal, finance, and people teams
Cresa is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Share job posting