Principal/Director, Capital Strategies
The Principal/Director will coordinate directly with national Capital Strategies team members and Cresa’s regional Tenant Representative offices/divisions (sales channels) to qualify and source revenue opportunities and, specifically, through the origination of structured finance solutions focused on the Cresa’s corporate owner/occupier clients. They will also be responsible for the national organization and management (in coordination with the national lead(s)) of all Capital Strategies support personnel.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The Capital Strategies practice provides financial advisory and capital markets products and services related to corporate owners/occupiers of commercial real estate for Cresa’s occupier clients.
- The services provided will be sales support, financial advice, transaction structuring and capital sourcing, in conjunction with other Cresa employees, as appropriate.
- We envision the Capital Strategies national team to be comprised of a 5 to 7 professionals that will work in coordination with Cresa teams and offices located throughout Cresa’s business platform.
An important element of the Capital Strategies practice is the ability to self-generate revenue opportunities, while working closely with the existing client relationships of the firm in support of other business/transaction pursuits, or in partnering with other elements of the Cresa organization to qualify and pursue Capital Strategies opportunities with the existing client base.
- Strong client relationship and communication skills.
- Proven ability to manage all aspects of a structured finance transaction, including negotiation, due diligence and closing.\
- An understanding of appropriate accounting, corporate finance and tax guidelines, strategies and theories to help assess the full occupier/user impact of capital markets decisions and structures.
- Strong analytical mindset and ability to develop appropriate tools to support client decision making requirements.
- Proven leader and team development background, with strong action/decision-oriented history
- Team-player with experience in working collaboratively across business and regional lines.
Education & Experience
- 7+ years of extensive commercial real estate corporate finance and capital markets experience, with knowledge of typical finance structures and associated debt and equity sources.
- Licensed Real Estate Broker
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
NOTE: The job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; supervisors may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
Cresa is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. Cresa strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
About Cresa Global, Inc.
Cresa is the world's largest commercial real estate advisory firm that exclusively represents occupiers and specializes in the delivery of fully integrated real estate solutions. Delivered across every industry, its services include Consulting, Facilities Management, Global Portfolio Solutions, Capital Markets / Strategies, Lease Administration, Location Strategy & Economic Development Incentives, Project Management, Transaction Management and Workplace Intelligence. With over 1000 employees in more than 80 offices globally, Cresa partners with occupiers everywhere. For more information, please visit cresa.com.
Share job posting