Vice President, Project Management
Cresa's Philadelphia office is seeking a Vice President of Project Management to join our growing project management team. This position will report to the Senior Vice President and will work directly with client stakeholders, being ultimately responsible for the success of each project. The Project Manager will manage and/or assist on multiple commercial construction projects, focusing on everyday project needs such as budgeting, scheduling, assembling project teams, conducting meetings, providing coordination on projects, and managing move/relocation, among other tasks.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
We are looking for an individual who can assist in the following areas:
- Represent the client in all matters including; interfacing with contractors, architects, vendors, and landlords
- Proactively manage project-related issues on accounts or assignment
- Understand client needs and manage client engagement and expectations
- Develop scope requirements related to project proposals, independently or with input from Cresa team and client
- Select and manage architects, engineers, contractors, and consultants, through an RFP process as required; and negotiate their contracts
- Create, manage and track complex schedules, budgets and project plans.
- Accompany transaction managers on prospect meetings and provide overview of Cresa project management services throughout the life cycle of the transaction
- Run meetings with client and vendors and provide meeting minutes.
- Identify critical issues and risks during all project phases
- Maintain strong working relationships with third party vendor alliances (architects, engineers, cost estimators, contractors, technology providers, furniture, and equipment vendors, etc.) to support Cresa’s project management services
- Assist client in completing move activities as needed, including on-site supervision.
- Work with Cresa and client systems, applications, and reporting templates to maintain records and data integrity through all project phases
- Manage review of vendor and consultant invoices on behalf of Client.
- Oversee project reconciliation and closeout
- Actively attend and participate in Cresa initiatives
Non-Essential Job Responsibilities:This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; supervisors may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
- A strategic, proactive mindset
- Proven ability to manage a multi-million-dollar budget
- Proven ability to manage a multi-phase, multi-disciplinary schedule
- Versed in building and managing a project team
- Exceptional communication skills, written and verbal, especially when leading meetings, initiating correspondence, generating meeting notes, and disseminating information internally and externally with clients, vendors, and the wide variety of people and personalities in the industry
- An enthusiasm for new challenges; seeks education and development opportunities, asks for stretch assignments
- A willingness to go above and beyond the scope of work to succeed on a project
- Readiness to mentor junior team members
Education, Training & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or background in construction management, architecture, engineering, interior design, business or equivalent
- At least ten (10) years of project management (or similar) experience with demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects, numerous deadlines, and conflicting priorities
- Ability to understand architectural drawings; furniture, fixtures, and equipment specifications; design and space planning concepts; construction costs and schedules
- Advanced computer skills, proficient with use of Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Acrobat, and project management (Microsoft Project) software
Physical Requirements:The physical demands and work environment that have been described is representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Share job posting