Cresa is the world’s largest commercial real estate advisory firm that exclusively represents occupiers and specializes in the delivery of fully integrated real estate solutions. Delivered across every industry, its services include Consulting, Facilities Management, Global Portfolio Solutions, Investment Banking, Lease Administration, Location Strategy & Economic Development Incentives, Project Management, Transaction Management and Workplace Intelligence. With over 1,000 employees in more than 80 offices globally, Cresa partners with occupiers everywhere. For more information, please visit www.cresa.com
Cresa is seeking a self-motivated Finance Manager to join our growing Finance team. The Finance Manager will lead markets the FP&A, budgeting & forecasting, management reporting, and financial decision support analytics for the Central region of Cresa. The role will be instrumental in defining improved processes, reporting, and financial projections. This role requires working collaboratively with market business leaders, the local business managers as well as the corporate finance team, among other tasks. This position will be based out of Cresa’s Chicago office, but we are open to candidates outside this area for the right fit.
Responsibilities Include:• Key financial/accounting liaison for the central office leads and Managing Principals. Act as advisor and strategic partner to these groups for all financial, operational, and client matters.
• Responsible for the preparation, communication, and analysis of the monthly and quarterly business results including insights and analysis on key drivers, as well as the identification of areas of opportunity or risk to ensure delivery of annual financial and strategic plans.
• Responsible for the preparation, management, and delivery of the annual plan and quarterly forecasts through discussions and understanding from the market leads/brokers to have a thorough understanding of activity in the market to support assumptions.
• Work closely with the Corporate accounting team on revenue recognition, accounts receivable/cash application, accounts payable, audits, and general accounting.
• Builds confidence with the key business leader through value-added/ad hoc analysis and/or ownership of critical projects, including M&A or recruiting
• Point of contact for local brokers or leaders on commission or other financial-related questions.
• Provide proactive decision-making support to all stakeholders
• Partners with corporate finance to implement operational or financial systems to support the business.
• Proactive Approach to build relationships across the organization, developing an understanding of business issues and aligning the FP&A function with the business’ growth agenda.
Requirements• Minimum 10 years of progressive Finance experience supporting the operations of the business.
• Have a proven history of establishing best practices around management reporting systems and processes into normal operations of the team.
• History of building relationships at all levels of an organization, including senior leadership team with superior communication and influencing skills
• Experience with real estate and professional services firms is preferred but is not required
• A demonstrated leader who can derive actionable insights from data
• Team player and collaborative work style. Looks to work with others to deliver results. An open and transparent approach to business issues and challenges
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, well-developed presentation skills.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those employee encounters while performing essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions following the Americans with Disabilities Act.
NOTE: The job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; supervisors may assign other duties as deemed necessary. Apply
Share job posting