Cresa is the world’s most trusted occupier-first commercial real estate firm. We provide commercial real estate advice and services to diverse industries throughout the region, including technology, pharmaceutical, biotech, legal, insurance and other professional services companies. We are proud of our team, the advice we provide and our strong workplace culture. Our office is regularly honored as one of Boston’s Best Places to Work from the Boston Business Journal and the Boston Globe. Cresa offers a dynamic work environment and a comprehensive benefits package. We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
Cresa Boston is seeking an experienced staff accountant to join our team. The incumbent must demonstrate integrity and maintain confidentiality in handing sensitive financial and personnel information. Key attributes include accuracy, attention to detail and technical savvy. Strong analytical and organizational skills are required. Experience with commission sales a plus.
• Accounts Receivable responsibilities from initial invoice preparation to cash receipts allocation, including supporting spreadsheet documentation and accounting system recording.
• Accounts Payable responsibilities including review, coding, entry and check runs for vendor and commission payables; compiling/reconciling expense reports.
• Month End and Ad-Hoc Reporting.
• Month-end closing processes including general ledger journal entries, bank and credit card reconciliations, commission analysis, variance analysis and other tasks as required.
• Assistance with year-end activities such as preparing 1099 tax filings and G/L and customer account reconciliation.
• Other general accounting projects as needed.
Requirements• 2 - 5 years general accounting knowledge and experience is preferred
• Associate or bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Business is preferred
• Highly technically proficient
• Experience with accounting general ledger required
• Real Estate and Sales commission experience a plus
Send a cover letter and resume. Please, no calls or recruiters.
Share job posting