Cresa Texas is seeking a self-motivated Accounting Manager to join our growing Finance team. The Revenue Accounting Manager team is accountable for leading a team of accounting professionals in general accounting duties including leading the revenue recognition process and general accounting for Texas offices. The position is accountable for team results and must ensure compliance in all accounting processes, among other tasks. This position will be based in Dallas or Austin, TX and presence in the office will be required at least three days per week.
- Manage the revenue recognition process in compliance with contract terms and company and FASB revenue recognition policies.
- Manage a team that supports the general accounting of the field offices including revenue recognition, commission approval, AP approval, and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Coordinate accounting team and regional financial support on the completion of quarterly/annual audit requests
- Maintain internal control processes and standards and ensure the compliance of the team
- Review, understand, and ensure compliance and proper accounting for transaction deals
- Key financial/accounting liaison for Market Leaders, Market Operations, and Corporate Finance.
- Coordinate with regional FP&A and central accounting teams on the timely and accurate preparation of the monthly financial statement packages
- Manage and mentor staff and help guide their development (including preparation of goals & objectives, reviews)
- Detailed oriented and strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet strict deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, proven presentation skills
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Proficiency with Sage Intacct or Limelight systems a plus
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA and/or MBA is a plus
- Salesforce CRM knowledge desirable but not required
- Experience in the commercial real estate industry is desirable is not required
- A minimum of 7-9 years of relevant work experience
- 3-5 years supervisory experience mandatory
Share job posting