Senior Project Manager
Do you have a background in construction management, architecture, engineering, or interior design? If so, read on.
The Senior Project Manager Advisor will manage projects independently through all phases of the project: due diligence, space planning, design, permitting, construction, turn-over and decommissioning of workspace for Cresa clients. We are looking for a highly organized, technically-skilled leader who can effectively and efficiently manage a portfolio of projects from start to finish, under tight deadlines with minimal supervision. Ability to understand construction drawings and specifications is a must.
- Develop scope requirements related to project proposals, independently or with input from Cresa team and client.
- Select and manage architects, engineers, contractors, and consultants, through an RFP process as required; and negotiate their contracts.
- Create, manage and track complex schedules, budgets and project plans.
- Accompany transaction managers on prospect meetings and provide overview of Cresa project management services.
- Assist transaction managers during lease negotiation and due diligence.
- Support real estate transaction managers by attending site tours, developing space plans, schedules, and budgets during site selection process.
- Run meetings with client and vendors and provide meeting minutes.
- Identify critical issues and risks during all project phases.
- Maintain strong working relationships with third party vendor alliances (architects, engineers, cost estimators, contractors, technology providers, furniture, and equipment vendors, etc.) to support Cresa’s project management services.
- Assist client in completing move activities as needed, including on-site supervision.
- Work with Cresa and client systems, applications, and reporting templates to maintain records and data integrity through all project phases.
- Manage review of vendor and consultant invoices on behalf of Client.
- Oversee project reconciliation and closeout.
- Actively attend and participate in Cresa initiatives.
Skills:• A strategic, proactive mindset
• Proven ability to manage a multi-million-dollar budget
• Proven ability to manage a multi-phase, multi-disciplinary schedule
• Versed in building and managing a project team
• Exceptional communication skills, written and verbal, especially when leading meetings, initiating correspondence, generating meeting notes, and disseminating information internally and externally with clients, vendors, and the wide variety of people and personalities in the industry
• An enthusiasm for new challenges; seeks education and development opportunities, asks for stretch assignments.
• A willingness to go above and beyond the scope of work to succeed on a project
• Readiness to mentor junior team members
Education, Training & Experience:• Bachelor’s degree or background in construction management, architecture, engineering, interior design, business or equivalent.
• At least three (3) years of project management (or similar) experience with demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects, numerous deadlines, and conflicting priorities.
• Ability to understand architectural drawings; furniture, fixtures, and equipment specifications; design and space planning concepts; construction costs and schedules.
• Advanced computer skills, proficient with use of Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Acrobat, and project management (Microsoft Project) software.
Physical Requirements:Lifting : Moving moderate to heavy weighted objects from one position to the other, on occasion. General: Working primarily with fingers and the whole hand or arm, as in handling, typing, etc.
Range from sedentary work in the office to active work in the field on projects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described is representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Share job posting